VAIN has always been proud to offer an open and loving environment to our clients, customers, and staff. We are so happy to have been part of history earlier this month with the passage of Referendum 74 that we just can’t contain ourselves.
To celebrate marriage equality in true VAIN style, we are transforming our semi-private gallery space for the day into an intimate wedding chapel and offering free wedding hairstyles, makeup, and ceremonies on Sunday December 9th for up to twelve same-sex couples. That’s right, get your hair and makeup done by our lovely and talented stylists; and have your wedding ceremony performed by either senior stylist Jenny Slay, or front desk wizard Derek (who are both ordained by the Universal Life Church and already have a couple weddings ceremonies under their belts).
We have twelve time slots available for weddings where you and your partner will be able to have your hair and makeup done just prior to the ceremony.
Here’s the nitty-gritty:
- Sunday December 9th at VAIN Downtown from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Free, quick updos/styles and makeup + semi-private wedding ceremony (you must be getting married at VAIN in order to receive the free services).
Here’s what you need to do:
- Call VAIN Downtown– (206)441-3441 –to schedule your time with the front desk. Make sure you tell them it’s for the Marriage Equality Wedding Ceremony. They will be able to answer all your questions and get you booked for your big day.
- Marriage Equality takes effect Thursday, December 6th. You and your partner must go down to the King County Administration Building and pay for your license that day in order to get legally married by Sunday, December 9th (WA state has a mandatory 3-day waiting period for all marriage licenses). Click here for all of the fine details regarding the licensing and legal niceties.
- Bring your license with you to VAIN Downtown on Sunday December 9th so it can be signed and turned in.
- Bring a few loving supporters, friends, and family; but please be mindful that space is limited, so no more than 8 guests.
VAIN Downtown is located at 2018 1st Ave.